Jun 14, 2016 | By: David Morris Photography
When you shoot commercial and advertising photography, it is all about the details. One needs to pay attention to the little things to produce an outstanding image.
Although it isn't evident to most people at first glance, you can tell the difference between an image where the details were focused on and one where they weren't when you view them side by side.
Why is focusing on the details important you ask?
1. In many cases, an expert eye up front will save time on back-end post production.
2. Details can help showcase the quality of a product.
3. Details play a part to help differentiate one brand from another.
Some of the details we pay attention to when food is involved are:
1. Ensuring the background and serving ware are clean. No dust, drips, spills, etc.
2. Making sure the design of the food is pleasing. No faces in the food, no tangents, etc.
3. Confirming the correct number of food items called for in the serving size.
Having emphasized the importance of details, you must remember to have some fun on set too.
David with his magnifiers ensuring the gumbo mac & cheese dish is spotless.
Is David making sure the plate is clean or David mooning the crew? You decide!
Our Food Stylist topping a shake with whipped cream. A little photo bombing by the Chef, too.
The sushi is on set and ready for its close up!
Cheesy biscuits. Nom nom nom.
David working with our Photo Assistant while focusing on the lighting details.
Crew & clients on set.
David and the Art Director getting photo bombed by our Photo Assistant!
Looks like the Art Director is brewing up something new for the shot.
You can tell it's the last shot of a project when the wine glasses and beer start appearing.
A toast to a great shoot!